The Nordstrom Sale is a great time to get your kids new clothing and accessories for the up coming school year. The first items I always get mine are winter coats. It’s the perfect time to get them a nice coat for a discounted rate. The second is shoes, do your kids feet grow at an astronomical rate?! Here are some of my favorite picks that are currently still in stock.
- Boys North Face – my son has this exact coat from last year, perfect for the play ground on cold days
- Girls North Face – this jacket is super cozy and love the color, my daughter has this from last years sale and it was wonderful for the cool fall days
- Athleisure – these are the only clothes my son likes to currently wear, you can never go wrong with these!
- Native Shoes – I love the blue and orange colors for fall, if you live somewhere where it stays warm this would be a great fall shoe
- Nike Shoes – every boy need a good pair of athletic shoes and the velcro is just a bonus on the busy mornings
- Vans – who doesn’t love a pair of vans, these cute pink high tops are a must
- Moto leggings – these will be perfect for under dresses and sweaters this fall/winter and would great with the pink vans!
- Bib – these are our favorite bibs, easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Baby Bling Bows – one of our favorite bows and come in several colors
- Little Giraffe Blanket – this is my daughters favorite blanket, its so soft and it would make a great baby shower gift
I like to use the this sale to stock up on items that are easy gift options for friends and family. Is too early to start thinking about Christmas gifts?!? As I am writing this there is actually a Hallmark Christmas movie on in the back ground, Christmas in July! I have narrowed it down to 15 home items I would love or have!
- Recipe Box – this box not only can hold your favorite recipes but will look cute on your kitchen counter. It would be a great gift for your favorite chef!
- Pom Pom Bins – these are storage bins for a nursery or toy room. They would also look great with a plant in them! Such a great gift for a baby shower or for the plant lover in your life!
- Wine Rack – Any wine lovers out there?!? Such a simple and classic wine rack that would look great in any space.
- Soy Candle – candles make such a great gift and I love the uniqueness of the concrete holder. Plus it could double as a planter when the candle is gone.
- Serving Board – Love the look of the wood and marble together, great for entertaining or hostess gift!
- Paper Towel Holder – Love this simple gold holder.
- Fringe Pillow – this pillow also comes in grey or navy. It would be a great addition to a living room or bedroom.
- Pom Pom Pillow – Another great pillow to add some dimension to your living room, bedroom or even office.
- Decanter & Glasses Set – How gorgeous would this look on your bar or bar cart! The set also comes in copper and light gold.
- Bar Cart – Loving the round bar cart, it would fit great in any corner of your home.
- Wine Glasses – This stemless glasses set would be a great gift for the wine lover in your life! I may or may not have ordered these for myself!
- Coasters – These personalized coasters would make a great gift for anyone. The marble and wood would match anyone’s decor.
- Vase – You can never go wrong with a beautiful vase! This would look fabulous with some simple greenery in it, on a mantle, or entry way table.
- Diffuser – Essential Oil lovers, this diffuser is gorgeous in person! I just got this for our bed room. It is glass, so if you have little ones make sure it is keep out of their reach.
- Blanket – This is the softest most coziest blanket!! I got this in the sale last year and gifted several of them, everyone loved them!
I hope this helps you find some great home items! Happy Shopping!
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is one of my favorite sales of the year! The sale includes new fall styles, fall is my favorite time of year and to style. During the sale I like to go in with a game plan, first I set a budget that works for me. Second, I pick a couple of items I want to invest in. This year I am looking for a pair of black or grey booties and a new handbag. Lastly, I always stock up on items that I use all year such as, clarisonic brushes, any make up or skincare, my favorite panties, bras and a few workout clothing pieces.
When to shop:
Early access is Thursday, July 12th, this is for Nordstrom card holders. The sale is open to the public on Friday, July 20th.
How to shop:
The best way to shop is online, Nordstrom has free shipping and returns. If you have a Nordstrom close to you, you can pick up in store, to ensure you get what you want. You can then try the items on there and return right away. I recommend if you unsure of sizing, order a couple of sizes in that item.
I will be going to Nordstrom on the 12th and provide a try on session in my Instagram (@midweststyled) stories. I will provide sizing info on the items there, as well as below.
My sale picks:
Shop all my picks here!
Happing Shopping!! Please reach out to me if you have any questions!
Do you all have hard time figuring out what to buy your husbands? I do, I mean I know I can always get mine something with his favorite sports team on it and he would love it, but I’m so tired of buying him that stuff!! So… here are 10 great items that any dad would love!
- Ember Mug, this is seriously one of the best inventions ever! This mug can be programed to the keep your coffee at your preferred temperature. How amazing is that! You do it from an app on your phone. Now, my husband isn’t a coffee drinker, but I am and I use mine everyday! It’s a great gift for any coffee lover.
- JBL Speaker, my husband literally takes this speaker with him everywhere! He loves to pay DJ, this speaker has great sound and can get super loud (sometimes too loud)!
- Samsung TV, this has been on my husband’s wish list for a while now. You can never go wrong with a new tv!
- Birkenstock Sandals, these are great! We got them before our last beach vacation and they are not only perfect for the beach or pool, but for everyday wear. You can literally just rinse them off to clean them.
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses, these have been his favorite glasses for the past couple of years. They can go with anything and help your outfit look put together. Several colors to chose from.
- Frye Wallet, this is seriously the softest leather! It’s slick design is perfect for carrying around in their pocket.
- Happy Socks, is anyone else’s husband obsessed with fun, colorful socks?! Mine loves any loud and crazy socks. These are his favorite brand, they are great quality.
- RTIC Can Cooler, great for beer fanatics! Keeps their beer cold, not much else to say!
- Adidas Slides, another great sandal option for the more sporty guy. My husband has these as well and wears them with his athleisure wear. Great for going to and from the gym!
- Ted Baker Watch, a nice watch that will last for years. My husband has had this watch for 4 or 5 years. He wears it almost everyday.
I hope this helps you find the perfect gift for your hard to shop for guy! Happy Shopping!
Awe spring, who doesn’t love to wear sandals! This bare foot girl loves the ease of simply slipping them on as I run at the door. My go to sandals are Birkenstocks, I have had several pairs, they are just so comfortable and go with everything. I finally just bit the bullet and bought the rose gold (copper) pair. Plus, the just came out with rubber ones that you can wear to the beach, pool or lake and don’t have to worry about them getting wet! Click here or the photo below to shop these and other similar shoes.
I also, just got these adorable pair of pink slides that I plan to wear to the pool all summer! They a super comfy as well and love the color. Click here or the photo below to shop these and other similar shoes.
Espadrilles dress up any outfit, I just paired mine with jeans and a white tee! They come in 4 different colors. These are actually really comfortable, even chasing after the kiddos. Click here or the photo below to shop these and other similar shoes.
These peep toe booties were great in the fall and will work great in the spring as well! Plus, they are on sale for under $100. There is also a great dupe for under $40! They are comfortable and run true to size. Click here or the photo below to shop these and other similar shoes.
Hope you enjoyed this post and helps give you some spring shoe inspo! ♥Chelsey
Once March comes around and we start getting teased with semi warmer weather I start looking for new spring items! I am more of a jeans and t-shirt kid of girl but I do like to dress up now and then. As some middle ground I have found some great more casual dresses that I want to share.
First up is this navy flower midi dress. I love the fit of this dress, the top is fitted and the flares out through the waist and leggings. It is flattering on every body type! This dress can up dressed up or down. With cooler weather I would wear it with a denim jacket or sweater.
To shop this outfit click here or on below photo
Second up is this simple black tank dress. The versatility of this dress is endless! I paired mine with this beautiful blue kimono. You could also pair it with a sweater, denim jacket, a moto jacket or bomber jacket too! This dress does fit tight, I sized up one size. This dress comes in a variety of colors. Plus, for any pregnant mamas out there it would look adorable with a bump!
To shop this outfit click here or on the below photo
Here are a few more that are currently on my wish list!
To shop click here or on the photo below
I hope you all enjoyed my first post, and find some spring dress insporation! Please comment or email me with any questions.
Hi, I’m Chelsey! I am an accountant turned stay at home mom to two littles, Emerson 4 and Scarlett 1. I have been happily married to my college sweetheart for 9 years. I am a small town Nebraska girl that moved to Kansas City, to Houston, and now back to Kansas City!! We are so happy to be back in the midwest close to our dear family and friends.
Now that I have been home with my kiddos for almost 4 years, I have had the desire to pursue something more. I love to shop, from clothes to home decor, I wanted to an outlet to share this passion.
Here is where I plan to share inspiration for fashion and lifestyle. I hope to help other find items they would like, I have always wanted to be a personal shopper!
Hope you all enjoy! XOXO